How To Build Self Confidence With Affirmations


This question was asked of me recently when I was recounting my journey from a shy, quiet, and socially awkward boy to an outgoing, fun-loving, and confident man. It occurred to me that while I had figured out how to nurture my own self-confidence, others are struggling with theirs every day.

I don't like this at all.Everyone deserves to be self-confident and happy with themselves. You live with your perception of yourself 24/7 and it pervades every aspect of your life. If you are unhappy with yourself then it will manifest across your life - jobs that you hate, relationships that are no good for you, and friends that aren't very good friends.

Have a vision.If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there. You should have a clear vision of your goal. What does self-confidence mean to you? Who do you want to become? When will you know that you are self-confident?

Write down all qualities that you need to develop in yourself to become a truly confident person.It's also a great idea to imagine your ideal lifestyle in every detail - where you live, with whom, what you do on a daily basis etc. Having a clear vision of your future life will make you more self-confident and more focused on your goals.

Join a gym and start working out, start jogging, take up a new sport (extreme sports, martial arts etc.). Join some interesting classes (dance, cooking etc.), join Toastmasters, start learning a new language, acquire some new skills. Start traveling more (traveling alone will extremely improve your self-confidence).

The richer your life is, the more confident you feel. The more you experience, the bigger your comfort zone is. And that means that you're getting more confident with every new experience. Take action - the world is waiting for you!

Unsure where to begin? Just pretend that you are a crazy groupie (your number-one fan) who is so ridiculously in love with you that they think that everything you do is awesome. Then start writing all the good things down with that completely biased point of view. The positive should start to flow soon enough.Example affirmations from my past.

But I cannot expect you to actually do this if I don't lead the way can I? So I dug through my old notebooks to find some of the early affirmations I wrote. Here are some samples,I am a sexy, smart, and funny man.I give myself permission to be the person I want to be.I am cool, calm, and confident. I am always in control.I am so talented that I can do ANYTHING I want to.I deserve great relationships and fantastic friends.My life is great!

After you have undergone these steps, you should be ready to commit yourself to success. Obligate your self that you will confidently stand out there and deliver your speech like there is no tomorrow. Do this with willingness. Forcing your self to commit will not help. To be more exciting, try orally promising to yourself in front of the mirror that you will do your part with the best of your abilities. Good luck!

Journalism English and Writing Skills provides educational materials on Campus Journalism, Writing, the four English skills namely Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening.If you are reading this, it's because you want to know how to build self confidence.

There are in fact a multitude of ways to build up your confidence. You will surely find a number of tips and techniques on the web all talking about boosting your confidence. Today, however, I want to focus on just one very powerful way you can build your confidence up.

This technique needs no special knowledge, no costly self help programs or special device. All this technique calls for is your willingness to grow your confidence and an open mind. What is this technique that I speak of? It is self affirmations.What is a self affirmation, you ask?

 It is simply a positive statement that you say to yourself on a regular basis. WHAT? O.K. don't get all excited. This really does work. Let me explain how.

Get to know yourself. Taking time to relax and calm down is a great way of finding yourself. Many people have difficulties spending time with themselves. I say you should spend a lot more time alone, with only your own company. This is a great way to get to know yourself better.

If you always rush and always need to be in someone elses company you miss the chance to get to know a big part of yourself. When you get to know your real self better you will find new things about yourself, things you can bring with you when you go out and meet other people. This will increase your self-confidence.

Create something in stillness. When you spend time alone and in stillness you feed your creative vein. Why do you think many poets, artists, authors, musicians spend time alone? Because the loneliness gives them the chance to create from the inside. Why do you think people are destroying the world today?

Because they are in such a hurry all the time so they dont see the beauty of the world. When you calm down and walk slowly all the beauty of the world will reveal itself to you.

Examples of self affirmations.I am confident in all that I do.When I look in the mirror, I see a confident able person looking back at me.I set achievable goals and I reach them easily.I am good at my job and others readily acknowledge this fact.I move confidently in the direction of my dreams.I look and feel great.I am strong and confident and I learn from my mistakes.

I give and receive love freely.I am grateful for all the many blessings in my life and I have lots of them.I am confident in my ability to treat others with respect and in return, they treat me with respect.The above is just a short list of affirmations you can use to boost your confidence.

You can use one of these affirmations I have provided here in this article or you can create your own. Just remember when you create your own affirmations, they need to be stated in the present tense and they need to be made with positive language.

This article only addresses how to build self confidence using affirmations. There are plenty of other ways to build up your confidence. Affirmations are surely one very powerful way and should be included in any efforts for building your confidence, but remember there are several things you can do to build up your confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...