How To Be Successful



Everyone should strive to be successful. Success is the meaning of life: your struggle, goals, where you are, where you're going, and where you have been. Success is a journey. Your job is to not give up and find a way to reach your destination. Below are 8 ways to find your way to success. You may have heard them before but that is because of how important they are. I will go into great detail with them so you know what is expected of you to be successful.

Personal responsibility and personal accountability is a very frightening concept to many individuals. However, if you want to have a life of greatness (however, you may define that for yourself) you will have to create it through taking personal responsibility and personal accountability for your life. There is no other way.Many individuals go through their entire lives by living only a "half-life." What I am meaning by this is that they are afraid to grow the ideas they have in their heads about who and what they perceive and interpret themselves to be. To be very clear here, growing one's ideas of one's self and the world around them will indeed result in life changes. It is your choice.

 You can create the changes you then choose to respond to, or you will be forced to deal with the changes life imposes upon you. It all depends upon your "life focus."In a manner of speaking, there are two types of individuals on the planet at this time. There are those who accept average and ordinary lives, and then there are those who create lives of greatness. Each type of individual will be absolutely convinced of the reality of their life's expression. To say it another way, in all areas of their life, they will know that what they have, and what they can have is what they are realistically capable of. Therefore, the real question becomes what does "realistically capable of" mean?

Long term goals when added up, together, get you where you believe is your idea of success. Short term = long term= success. One builds off the other. Your long term goals can be looked at as a gathering or grouping of successful short term goals. For example, if I feel successful by getting married (which I don't), my long term goal would be to meet a woman. How do I do that? Through short term goals. My short term goals would be: work on myself, work on my interactions with women, maybe talk to 5 women a day, go out more often, go on dates, and so on.

If I do that time after time, hopefully, I would reach my long term goal and get a girlfriend. Now when that Long term goal is completed, it's time to make another long goal which would be to get past the first year mark. So now you write down small daily goals that get you there. You keep doing this process over and over until you reach what you believe is successful. It's honestly a fail-proof formula if you stick with it.

Lifestyle If you want to be successful, you have to live the lifestyle of success. What do I mean by that? Well, to be a writer, I would live the life of a writer. I would read, write, write, write, read, go to conferences, talk to other writers, attend classes, write, and read. You get the picture. Every aspect of your life should be around your goals. A writer once told me "I work full time to support my writing." I respected her for saying that. She made good money but her life and passion was to write. So she literally just worked so she could live day to day writing.You want to surround yourself with people that have the same goals as you. It's good for a competitive drive, inside information, inspiration, and positivity.

 For me, I feel like I already met my goals when I have the people around me that have the same goals. I feel like a team. As a writer, surrounding yourself with other writers makes you feel accomplished and accepted as if I was a writer all along.Success is a mental game. You have to mentally endure the journey ahead and realize it's never easy obtaining greatness. You have to have that "no excuse" attitude and make things happen. Stop wishing and start doing. You should be positive. Success is more than having materials. A good mindset and some gratitude is a common trait among successful people. You will be amazed on what it can do for you.

So, this new lifestyle you dream to have will require a paradigm shift of some sort, and the changes should begin to take place from right now. With a set of goals that you have, and a plan of action of how you are going to get there, then you are bound to get there. Instead of how most people live, aimlessly and purposelessly.

Don't give up This is the most important on the list. This list will not work unless you are consistent. You have to keep moving ahead. It's easy to give up. Be different and take on a challenge. Stop complaining if you had to take a step back, start over, or not getting the results you want. Go back to setting your short term goals and start over. Time flies and you'll be amazed on how much you can accomplish in a short period of time if you are consistent day to day with your task.I promise if you follow these 8 things, you will be successful. The most important things to remember are the journey and the commitment. You have to stay on it. If you do so, you will only move forward. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...